This sun-dried tomato cream cheese tastes like pizza. It’s great spread on bagels, served with fresh vegetables, or used as part of a spinach, feta, and egg wrap. Easy to make the recipe.
Cream Cheese. For the best flavor and texture, use traditional or low-fat cream cheese block-style cream cheese. Skip whipped and/or fat-free cream cheese.
Sun-dried tomatoes. Look for sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil. There’s no need to drain the tomatoes before using them.
Herbs. This recipe uses dried basil and dried oregano. If you’d like to use an Italian herb blend to replace the herbs, use 2 teaspoons.
How to Make Sun-dried Tomato Cream Cheese.
This easy spread comes together in just a minute or two. And you’ve got three options on how to make mix it.
- Stir in a large bowl. Throw everything together in a large bowl and stir together. Use a sturdy wooden spoon and mix until blended. This makes a very thick spread.
- Whip with a handheld mixer. Add everything to a medium bowl. Mix together with a handheld mixer until light and fluffy. This makes a whipped spread.
- Blend with a food processor. For a spread that’s a cross between thick and creamy and whipped, pull out your food processor. Combine all the ingredients and run the food processor until the cream cheese is combined with the other ingredients.
Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Cheese
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese (block style)
- ¼ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil (about 2 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper plus more to taste
- Salt to taste
Stir together cream cheese, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, oregano, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Mix until ingredients are well combined.
For whipped cream cheese, use a handheld mixer and blend on medium speed until fluffy.
For smooth cream cheese, use a food processor and blend until smooth.
Chill for at least an hour. This gives the dried herbs time to soften.
Drizzle extra sun-dried tomato oil over the cream cheese (optional) before serving.