Chocolate chip peanut butter cup cookies combine two classic treats: chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter cups. Easy recipe. Takes less than 30 minutes to bake.
What You Need: One Pan and Two Ingredients
It’s ridiculously easy to make these chocolate chip peanut butter cup cookies. Simply bake chocolate chip cookie dough in a well-greased mini-muffin pan until golden brown. Remove the pan from the oven and immediately press an unwrapped mini peanut butter cup into the warm cookies. Once the cookies cool, you get to enjoy a chocolate chip cookie that’s been stuffed with a peanut butter cup. It doesn’t get much better than that!
- Mini Muffin Pan. A mini-muffin pan helps the chocolate chip cookie bake into a shape that you can easily press the peanut butter cup into.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Use store-bought or homemade chocolate chip cookie dough. Both work great.
- Mini Peanut Butter Cups: Be sure to unwrap the peanut butter cups before pressing them into the baked cookie.
Three Key to Success
- Grease the pan really well (or use mini paper liners.) These cookies like to stick to some pans. Grease your pan with nonstick cooking spray or line it with paper liners before baking.
- Work quickly. You want to press the peanut butter cup into the chocolate chip cookies as soon as the pan comes out of the oven. If the cookies cool, you can’t press the peanut butter cup into them.
- Let the cookies cool in the pan. If you try to remove them too soon, they can break. Look for the peanut butter cup to be set before you try to remove the cookie from the pan.
Cook Fast, Eat Well Tip
If it’s hot when you bake these cookies, pop the unwrapped peanut butter cups into the fridge or freezer while the cookies bake. This way, they’re not warm before you try to press them into hot cookies.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 1 package (24 count) chocolate chip cookie dough, see note
- 24 unwrapped mini peanut butter cups
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a mini muffin pan generously with nonstick cooking spray.
Place one cookie dough piece (or about 2 teaspoons chocolate chip cookie dough) into each mini muffin cavity.
Bake until cookies are golden brown, about 14 minutes
As soon as you remove the pan from the oven, press the peanut butter cup into the dough. Let the cookies cool in the pan. If you try to remove the cookies too soon, they can break. Remove cookies from the pan and enjoy. Store wrapped at room temperature for up to five days.
If using a chocolate chip cookie dough log or homemade chocolate chip cookie dough, place 1 tablespoon of dough into each mini-muffin cavity.
Leave a Reply