If you love the taste of cinnamon toast, you’ll love this cinnamon sugar butter. Made with only three ingredients, it’s great on toast (of course!), biscuits, or sweet potatoes.
Cinnamon Sugar Butter Ingredients.
The ingredients you need are listed right in the name: cinnamon, sugar, and butter.
- Granulated Sugar. If you’ve ever made cinnamon sugar toast, you know the sugar adds a delightful crunch. This cinnamon sugar butter is no different.
- Cinnamon. What would cinnamon sugar butter be without cinnamon? The flavor of ground cinnamon can fade over time. If your container is old, it’s best to get a new one for the best flavor.
- Softened Butter. The most important ingredient is, of course, the butter. For a sweet-salty flavor, use salted butter. It pairs really well with the sugar and cinnamon.
Variation: Brown Sugar Cinnamon Butter.
Brown sugar adds a nice flavor to this butter. Simply replace the granulated sugar with an equal amount of light or dark brown sugar.
Putting it all together. How to make homemade cinnamon sugar butter.
The key to making cinnamon sugar butter is to start with softened butter. If the butter is too cold, it’s hard to mix the sugar and cinnamon into it.
The easiest way to soften butter is to simply leave it out on the counter. This takes about an hour or so, depending on the temperature of the room. If you’re in a rush, you can soften the stick in the microwave. Do it on a very low setting for a few seconds. You don’t want the butter to melt.
Once your butter is soft, all you need to do is stir everything together. That’s really it. If you like a whipped butter texture, use a handheld mixer and mix until fluffy.
Cinnamon Sugar Butter
- ½ cup (1 stick) softened butter (4 ounces; 113 grams)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (1 ¾ ounces; 50 grams)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Combine softened butter, sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl. Mix until smooth.
Store cinnamon sugar butter in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Leave a Reply