This banana bread tastes like a combination of coffee cake and banana bread. For the best flavor, use overripe bananas.
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
This sour cream banana bread with a cinnamon swirl tastes like a combination of coffee cake and banana bread. For the best flavor, use very overripe bananas.
For the Cinnamon Swirl
- ½ cup granulated sugar (3 ½ ounces; 100 grams)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
For the Batter
- 2 large large overripe bananas (about one cup mashed)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar (5 ¼ ounces; 148 grams)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup butter, melted (4 ounces; 113 grams)
- ½ cup sour cream (4 ounces; 113 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¾ cups flour (7 ½ ounces; 212 grams)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
Prepare the cinnamon swirl: In a small bowl, whisk together sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
Prepare the batter: Mash the bananas in a large bowl with a whisk or fork until almost smooth. Add sugar and eggs. Stir to combine. Add the melted butter, sour cream, and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until a thick batter forms.
Spread ⅓ of the batter into the prepared pan. Top with about ⅓ of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Repeat with the remaining batter and cinnamon sugar. Finish with the cinnamon-sugar.
Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Let the bread cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
Store bread covered on the counter for up to four days.
Leave a Reply