Easy appetizer: softened cream cheese topped with homemade cranberry sauce. It’s sweet and savory and so delicious!
How to Make Cranberry Cream Cheese Spread
- Make Homemade Cranberry Sauce. This recipe starts with a small batch of homemade cranberry sauce. It contains balsamic vinegar and black pepper, giving the sauce a savory flavor that’s perfect for an appetizer.
- Serve on Softened Cream Cheese. It really is that easy! Simply soften a block of cream cheese, spread onto a plate, and top with the homemade cranberry sauce.
Cranberry Cream Cheese Spread
Softened cream cheese topped with homemade cranberry sauce
- 1 cup washed fresh or frozen cranberries
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- zest of one orange, about 2 teaspoons
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- apple slices
Combine cranberries, water, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a small saucepan. Stir. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer until thick, about 10 minutes.
Remove cranberry sauce from the heat. Cool for 5 minutes. Add the vinegar, black pepper, and orange zest. Stir to combine.
Spread softened cream cheese onto a plate. Top with the homemade cranberry sauce. Serve with cracker and/or apple slices.