This is a shortcut chocolate mousse pie. It’s made with instant pudding, whole milk, and cream. The best part? It’s ready to eat in less than an hour.
How to Make 3-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse Pie
- Use Instant Pudding. This recipe starts with two boxes of instant pudding. For chocolate mousse, use chocolate pudding. But any flavor instant pudding works great. Cook and serve pudding doesn’t work in this recipe.
- Make the Pudding. Mix the instant pudding with whole milk until smooth and creamy. Since this is a pie filling, the pudding will be thick.
- Add Heavy Cream. Pour a cup of heavy cream into the pudding and mix until light and fluffy. There’s no need to whip the cream before adding it to the filling.
- Chill for 30 Minutes. Spread the filling into a chocolate crumb crust and chill the pie for 30 minutes.
- Top with Whipped Cream. This pie tastes great topped with whipped cream or whipped topping. Spread the whipped cream onto the chilled pie and serve.
Easy Chocolate Mousse Pie
This easy chocolate mousse pie is made with instant chocolate pudding, whole milk, and cream. It's ready to eat in less than an hour!
- 2 (3.9 ounce) boxes instant chocolate pudding
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 9-inch chocolate crumb crust
- 2 cups whipped cream or whipped topping, optional
In a large bowl, combine the pudding mix with the milk. Mix for one minute. Pudding will be thick. Add the heavy cream. Mix until light, about one minute.
Spread filling into chocolate pie crust. Chill for 30 minutes.
Top with whipped cream. Serve.
Store pie in the refridgerator for up to three days.
It’s important to add the heavy cream after you’ve made the pudding. If you add the cream with the milk, the filling will be lumpy.
Don’t whip the heavy cream before adding it to the filling.