Got one overripe banana on your counter? Turn it into muffins with this small batch banana muffin recipe.
What You’ll Love About Small Batch Banana Muffins
- Uses one banana
- Easy to make
- Soft and tender muffins
How to Make Small Batch Banana Muffins: Tips and Tricks
- Mash the banana with a fork. No need to pull out a mixer for this recipe.
- Stir in the sugar. You can use either granulated sugar or brown sugar. (If you’ve made my brown sugar banana bread, you know I love brown sugar in banana bread.)
- Add the egg and melted butter. If you’re dairy-free, you can either use oil or melted dairy-free butter.
- Stir in the flour and other dry ingredients. You can use a fork to mix the batter until smooth.
- Bake. Fill muffin cavities about 2/3 full and bake the muffins until golden brown.
Small Batch Banana Muffins (One Banana)
Got one ripe banana? Make a small batch of banana muffins. Easy-to-make. Moist. Tender. Delicious.
- 1 large ripe banana
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (1 ¾ ounces/ 50 grams)
- 2 ½ tablespoons butter, melted (1 ¼ ounces/ 35 grams)
- 1 large egg (about 2 ounces; 56 grams out of shell.)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (2 ¼ ounces/ 65 grams)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Heat Oven. Adjust oven rack to the middle position. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line four muffin cups with paper liners or grease generously with nonstick cooking spray.
Make Batter. Mash banana in a medium bowl with a fork. Add sugar. Stir to combine. Add melted butter and egg. Stir until smooth. Add flour and baking powder. Stir until a batter forms.
Bake. Scoop batter into the prepared muffin pan, about ⅔ full. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Cool. Remove pan from the oven. Allow muffins to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
Butter: Use salted or unsalted. Both work in this recipe.
Dairy-free: Replace the butter with a dairy-free butter alternative.
Nuts, chocolate chips, or dried fruit. Add up to 4 tablespoons of chopped nuts, chocolate chips or dried fruit, like raisins.
Storage: Store muffins wrapped on the counter for up to three days.