Making homemade pasta sauce and meatballs? Then you need garlic bread! This easy recipe comes together in five minutes and makes a crunchy, flavorful garlic bread.
How to Make Easy Garlic Bread at Home
- Use 6-inch sub rolls. If they don’t come sliced, split them in half lengthwise.
- Toast the bread before topping. This crisps the bottom of the bread.
- Use garlic powder. This makes it quick and easy to make garlic bread and it also makes for a tastier bread. A little shake of garlic powder on the bread really does bring the flavor.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
How do I make garlic bread in the toaster oven?
You can either broil the garlic bread as directed or simply toast it on a medium toast setting.
How do I make this recipe with slices of bread?
It’s easy to make garlic bread with sliced bread. Lightly toast the bread and then follow the directions as written. Keep your eye on the bread as it broils. Sliced bread tends to brown faster than rolls.
Can I use fresh garlic on garlic bread?
Yes. Many recipes call for fresh garlic. I prefer garlic powder for both ease and a more mild flavor. Stir two cloves of minced garlic into the butter before spreading it onto the bread.
5 Minute Garlic Bread
Garlic, olive oil, and butter plus a little parmesan cheese make a tasty—and easy— garlic bread.
- 2 6-inch sub rolls, split lengthwise
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- dried basil
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh parsley or basil, chopped
- red pepper flakes
Place bread cut-side down on a baking sheet. Toast lightly under the broiler, about two minutes. This step helps the bottom of the bread to crisp.
Remove from oven and allow the bread to cool.
Turn bread cut-side up. Brush bread lightly with olive oil. Spread with butter. Sprinkle garlic powder lightly onto the butter, about 1/8 teaspoon. Sprinkle one tablespoon of cheese evenly onto each bread.
Top with a little dried basil and freshly ground black pepper.
Broil until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown, about 2 minutes.
Remove bread from the oven. Allow to cool for a minute. Cut into slices. If desired, sprinkle freshly chopped basil and/or red pepper flakes on top.
Leave a Reply