Chocolate chip cookie cups with Rolos are a tasty treat. If you love salted caramel, sprinkle a little salt over each cookie as it cools.
If you’ve made chocolate chip cookie cups with peanut butter cups, you’re going to love this caramel variation. A batch takes only minutes to make! All you do is bake chocolate chip cookie dough in a muffin tin, press a rolo into the center, and sprinkle on a little salt.
The result is a caramel stuffed chocolate chip cookie. So good. And so easy!
You only need three ingredients to make rolo cookie cups.
- Chocolate chip cookie dough. Homemade chocolate chip cookie dough or store-bought both work great in this recipe. If you’re making homemade dough, try this brown sugar chocolate chip cookie recipe. It goes great with the caramel candies.
- Rolos. You’ll need 24 unwrapped rolo candies. If you can’t find Rolos, use small chocolate-covered caramels.
- Salt. Flaky or kosher salt is optional but really lovely.
How to Make Rolo Cookie Cups.
- Grease a mini muffin pan. These cookies love to stick. Grease a mini-muffin pan generously with nonstick cooking spray or brush with oil.
- Add the cookie dough. If you’re using pre-made cookie dough, use a package that makes 24 cookies. Cut the dough into pieces along the lines. Place one square of dough into each muffin cup. For homemade dough, scoop about a tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Place the dough into the greased muffin cup
- Bake until golden brown. These cookies take about 14 minutes to bake. Remove them from the oven when they’re golden brown.
- Press in the Rolo. As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, press one Rolo (caramel candy) into the center of each cookie cup. It’s important to do this while the cookies are warm.
- Sprinkle with salt. If you like salted caramel, add a sprinkle of flaky salt to the top of each cookie.
- Cool in the pan. Let the cookie cups cool in the pan until they’re warm but not hot. If they’re too warm, they can break apart. If they cool completely, they can stick.
Rolo Cookie Cups
- 1 package 24 count chocolate chip cookie dough, see note
- 24 unwrapped rolo candies
- flaky or Kosher salt
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a mini muffin pan generously with nonstick cooking spray.
Place one cookie dough piece (or about 1 tablespoon chocolate chip cookie dough) into each mini muffin cavity.
Bake until cookies are golden brown, about 14 minutes
As soon as you remove the pan from the oven, press the rolo candy into the cookie.
Let the cookies cool in the pan for about 5 to 15 minutes. If you try to remove the cookies too soon, they can break. If they cool for too long, they can stick. Remove cookies from the pan and enjoy. Store wrapped at room temperature for up to five days.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
If using a chocolate chip cookie dough log or homemade chocolate chip cookie dough, place 1 tablespoon of dough into each mini-muffin cavity.